Solid Bulk Terminal
SOLID BULK TERMINAL
The Port of Huelva houses the Bulk Solids terminal in the Outer Harbour, formed by the union of three quays, with a total berthing line of almost 2.5 km and a depth of between 11 and 13m at low tide. This terminal is equipped with:
- 10 automobile cranes
- 2 automated conveyor belts
- almost 200,000 m2 of covered warehouses
- 65 hectares of outdoor esplanades
- innovative storm drainage and environmental management system to ensure clean docks
- 1 rail pit for unloading bulk solids (the only one of its kind in Spain)
- Rail access and sidings for loading and unloading of goods directly from its various quays, connected to the port’s internal network and the national rail network.
The main commodities it moves are: minerals, clinker, coal, cereals, and fertilisers.
Likewise, this terminal also accommodates break bulk and project cargo operations such as wind blades, industrial or construction parts, thanks to its high-capacity quayside esplanades.
In this way, the Port of Huelva continues to grow in a sustainable manner in harmony with its environment, international trade and its port community.
Port of Huelva, Dry Cargo Hub of Southern Europe.