The port of Huelva is located on the South Atlantic Arc of Europe, near the Straits of Gibraltar, on the crossing between the North-South and East-West shipping routes, in an area of significant geostrategic value. Huelva is a natural estuary port with an area of protected waters covering 1.120 ha. It is the port with the largest area free for concession in the state port system with 1700 ha. It has 8.5 km of public and private docks.
Highly specialised in liquid and solid bulk traffic, the port of Huelva is an industrial and energy port with a new dock specific for logistics: the South Dock, where it operates a regular line of containers (www.opdr.com) towards the north of Europe and a ferry that connects Huelva with the Canary Islands (www.navieraarmas.com), it is also a port of call for cruisers.
As part of its firm commitment to the economic and social development of the city of Huelva, the port of Huelva continues to contribute to the development of its entire area of influence
Open 365 days a year, the entry canal has a width of between 200 and 300 m and a draught of 13 m at low tide. It has good motorway connections with Seville and other Andalusian provinces, Madrid and the Portuguese Algarve. By rail it is connected with Seville, Cordoba, Extremadura and Madrid.
As part of its firm commitment to the economic and social development of the city of Huelva, the port of Huelva continues to contribute to the development of its entire area of influence. In this way, it consolidates its position as an economic driving force for the region, generating 1.4% of the gross value-added of Andalusia, which accounts for 1718 million euros, and provide 0.7% of employment in Andalusia with a total of 17,861 jobs. This impact is even greater in the province of Huelva, where the port generates 22% of the gross value-added and 11% of total employment. All without forgetting our commitment to being a green, innovative port, committed to the environment and to the conservation of the natural wonders we have nearby, such as the Natural Reserve of the Marshes of El Odiel.